Thursday 3 April 2014

Swimming Lessons


On a scorching hot day my class and I went to the GI swimming pools to learn about safety and survival skills. There were only three female Instructors and three groups, group 1, 2 and 3.

When we had arrived I quickly got change and rushed  to the showers, I would have ran but the floor was too slippery. SHHHHHH SHHHHHH thats the sound the shower made, after I had rense my self clean I went back to the pool I was swimming in and sat down on the cold, wet grey chairs that were there.

As soon as I hopped in I went underwater because it felt like I was flying. Then when I popped my head back up to the surface and the instructor told us to do one arm freestyle kicking and I was the best so she move me up to group 2.


I felt so proud that I move up but then the second instructor told us to do the same thing. After I did that 2 times Mr S told me that I was too good so I had to move to group three, but the day was almost over so I stayed in group 2.

The next day I was in group 3 and it was tiring we had to do lots of laps but it was fun after a while.  After we did lots of swimming arm and breathing arm I think I was the fastest swimmer. Then i was time to go and we all raced to get change because the first 10 people out would het free time.

It was really fun learning how to swim because we got to have challenges each other.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Collin,
    I am a college student at the University of South Alabama in the United States. I enjoyed reading your blog about swimming lessons. You must be really good to move up two groups in just a few days! Congratulations! Your story had many descriptive words so I almost felt like I was there. Good job using your writing skills. I also noticed you mentioned safety and that is not safe to run because of the wet floors. This shows you are concerned about yourself and others.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.