Tuesday 5 November 2013

Wakaama Training

Yesterday afternoon my friends and I went to wakaama training. Wakaama is when you are paddling in a dragon boat. We have to pull, push and stay strong because there are a lot of angry waves willing to push us back. In our boat there is a group of six, we have Tai, Louis, Jordan, Aaron (who is our coach) , Steve and of course theres me. My role in the waka is the hip caller it’s when I call out “hip” and that tells the boys when to change sides. Then theres Tai he’s the one that steers our waka and after that theres Louis, Jordan, and Steve they are strong paddlers and help the steerer. Wakaama training is really tiring but it helps me stay strong and I enjoy paddling with my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.